Wednesday, June 23, 2010

These are not the comic artists that you're looking for.

A word to the wise: do not ever, ever, ever post on Craigslist looking for a comic book artist.

I had been advised to do so by a well-meaning editor friend at Dark Horse; unfortunately, I doubt he's ever had to do that himself.

The response I got was overwhelmingly hostile. People told me point-blank that any ad that didn't offer compensation -- "no pay" -- would be flagged immediately by angry members of the Craigslist forums. Which, I understand that the economy has people down, but one might hope that CL would recognize what was going on and not just let people flag ads for removal because they're irritated about the lack of offered money.

Apparently that's not happening. So save yourself the time, the harassment, and the headache, and don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment